Guns, drugs seized in Falkland
Oct 17, 2012 / 2:20 pm
RCMP in the North Okanagan have slammed the door on a marijuana grow operation in Falkland.
Police raided the property in the 3900 block of Chase Falkland Road last Friday and seized 394 marijuana plants.
They also retrieved two restricted and three non-restricted firearms.
A 52-year-old man and 49-year-old woman were arrested at the property.
The two are expected to face numerous drug and weapons offences including:
- Production of a Controlled Substance
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
Both have been released on a Promise to Appear in court in December.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Waters expected to rise in the Shuswap May 21
- Tale of an 'un-happy' happy face May 21
- Trampled stampede rider in hospital May 21
- Arrested after scuffle with cops May 21
- Flood protection May 21