Vernon and North Okanagan
Alberta man killed in Vernon crash
Jul 23, 2012 / 3:30 pm
A 24-year-old Alberta man became the third fatality on North Okanagan streets in a six day span.
The man, from Clairmont, AB, died from injuries suffered in a two vehicle crash on Highway 97 at Pleasant Valley Road just north of Vernon late Saturday afternoon.
Police say a southbound Buick sedan was making a left turn into the path of northbound traffic when it was struck broadside by a northbound Nissan sedan.
The victim of the crash was a passenger in the Buick. The driver of the Buick, a 25-year-old Vernon man remains in Vernon hospital in serious condition.
A third passenger, a 21-year-old Salmon Arm man, seated in the back seat was treated and released from hospital.
The lone occupant of the Nissan, a 48-year-old Armstrong man, remains in hospital in stable condition.
The RCMP and BC Coroners Service are investigating the incident.
Anyone with information on the crash are asked to contact Vernon RCMP at 250-545-7171.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- North Okanagan braces for heavy rain Jun 19
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17