Vernon and North Okanagan
19 people arrested in Salmon Arm
Jul 4, 2012 / 10:35 am
Salmon Arm RCMP were inundated with hundreds of calls for service over the long weekend.
Sgt. Tettoloski says 19 people were arrested and held in cells for various offences over the weekend, with the majority of those incidents involving alcohol or drugs.
"The RCMP investigated eight reports of impaired driving which resulted in five individuals being charged with impaired related offences and a prohibited driving charge against one man."
Police are also warning boaters on the Shuswap Lake to be cautious as high water levels continue to be a problem. Tettoloski says a boat's wake can cause damage and that the boat operator can be held responsible under both federal and civil law.
"We are requesting boaters slow down near built up areas and use caution as there is a great deal of debris in the water."
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- North Okanagan braces for heavy rain Jun 19
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17