Vernon and North Okanagan
Don't drink the water
Jul 3, 2012 / 4:33 pm
If you're headed out to Shuswap Lake or Mara Lake for a summer vacation, ask the locals before you drink the water.
Interior Health is advising the public that due to recent flooding, water notices for water systems in the Shuswap and Mara Lake area remain in effect.
A Do Not Consume order remains in place for District of Sicamous residents, while a mandatory Boil Water Notice continues for Two Mile and Swansea Point residents.
Swimmers are advised to use caution and not ingest lake water, as flooding has caused a surge of debris in Mara and Shuswap Lakes adding to a potential increase in bacterial levels.
High use beaches will be monitored and swim advisories will be posted if necessary.
For more information please see the Interior Health Website.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- North Okanagan braces for heavy rain Jun 19
- Driver in crash blows 3x over limit Jun 18
- Foothills' trash attracts problem bear Jun 18
- Tolko responds to teen's death Jun 18
- 'Greeks' investigation team honoured Jun 18
- Trap catches speeders Jun 17
- Two men sought after late night crash Jun 17