B & E suspect arrested at teen party
Jun 25, 2012 / 4:19 pm
Police who were called to break up a teen party, managed to track down a robbery suspect at the same time.
Just before 11 p.m. on Sunday, officers in Lumby were called to Eastwood Road, after a report of underage drinking.
While on scene, police arrested a 16-year-old, suspected of breaking into seven businesses in Lumby over the past 11 days.
According to RCMP spokesperson Gord Molendyk, damage to buildings and stolen items have cost local business thousands of dollars.
The youth has been released, to his parents, on a Promise to Appear, with an expected court date in August.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Lumby floods; Mayor points finger May 24
- Waters expected to rise in the Shuswap May 21
- Tale of an 'un-happy' happy face May 21
- Trampled stampede rider in hospital May 21
- Arrested after scuffle with cops May 21