Grooming the groom
Oct 31, 2013 / 5:00 am
So we have gone over the bride’s hair and makeup of course, but don’t think we forgot about the groom!! You grooms out there don’t want to be standing next to your gorgeous bride, primped to the nine’s when you look exhausted from the night before, and forgot to grab a new blade for your razors! So here are a few suggestions for making sure you and your groomsmen look, well, groomed!
- Again, about four weeks from the date, start using a good quality facial scrub once to twice a week, just like our lovely brides whom I am sure is doing the same. Exfoliating scrubs are great for removing all the dead skin and reviving that healthy glow. Both Clarins and Nivea now carry men's lines and can be found at any local drug store.
- Get a nice clean haircut about one week to two weeks from your date, depending on how fast it grows of course. Getting your hair cut at least a week ahead of the wedding will have a more natural growth to it, but still keeping the fresh cut look. Also make sure if you are one of those men who have the peek-a-boo nose hair or ear hair, just ask your barber or stylist to trim that as well - I am sure you don’t want to find a surprise the day of your wedding.
- Now the night before, late nights and alcohol can dehydrate you and leave your skin looking tired, sagging and dark circles under your eyes. You may be able to get away with this at work, but not on your wedding day. Also on that note, after a night of drinking, your skin is more prone to nicks and cuts, so it is probably best to either save this for the week before or pick up a skin rescue treatment!
- On the big day schedule a hot towel shave for yourself and include your groomsmen (be sure to book well in advance)! Getting a professional shave on the day of the event is a perfect way to avoid nicking and cutting yourself and is a nice little treat for you and the boys. The art of a professional shave relaxes you and will get you off to a great start the morning of, when let’s face it, the key is RELAX! While they are doing this you can also have them do any last minute trimming that may need to be done on the back of your neck from your hair cut that would have slightly grown out.
Check out a few of Kelowna’s barber’s below. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you get ready on the day of your wedding. Just make an appointment and go!
Plan B Barbers
1524 Water Street, Kelowna
MVP Men’s Salon
1957 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna
Momentum Grooming specializes in high end straight razor shaves and hair cuts for all men. They offer a private two chair barbershop that can accommodate up to 6 guys for your groomsmen, and they offer special wedding packages. They also offer a vast array of classic shaving tools and products that make excellent groomsmen gifts.
Check out their site for more info www.momentumgrooming.com.
Read more Lovestruck articles
- Staycation or honeymoon? Dec 5
- Grooming the groom Oct 31
- Guest list guidelines Oct 24
- Make your wedding your own! Oct 17
- Hair and makeup basics Oct 3
- Getting down to the dress basics Sep 5
- Times we love doing favors! Jul 25
- The DJ vs. the iPod Jun 20
(Click for RSS instructions.)