Letters to the editor
Dog park poison
Sep 30, 2013 / 2:07 pm
In June I took my two Cocker Spaniels to the dog park on Richter Road (the old KSS property). Later, both dogs started vomiting blood and had bloody diarrhea.
We rushed them to Burtch animal hospital were they put on IV and medications and kept and monitored for a couple of days.
We were lucky they survived.
Dr. Mundy told me that he has had lots of sick dogs with the same symptoms over the past week.
We did not see our dogs eat anything, but that is not to say that they did not find something in the grassy areas, but both dogs did drink out of the water pails at the park.
We did not go back to the Richter Dog Park again until the end of August. While at the park that day, only one of our dogs drank from the water pails.
He ended up with a high Fever and vomiting, I immediately took him to Burtch Animal Hospital.
After examining him Dr. Mundy asked if he had gotten into “Antifreeze”.
The only thing that we notice was that he drank out of the water pails at the dog park and the dog who didn’t drink at the park was not sick.
We are Not going to Dog Parks anymore.
When we read the article about antifreeze at dog parks, I thought I should write to let you know that Richter Park has had poisonings too.
Read more Letters to the editor
for these and other issues.
- Men speed too Nov 28
- "Focus on families" lost with Liberals Nov 28
- Keep right except to pass Nov 26
- West Kelowna Community Plan Nov 26
- Christie does Asia Nov 26
(Click for RSS instructions.)