Letters to the editor
Bear family deaths
Sep 10, 2013 / 6:23 pm
Dear Sargent Lockwood,
I was reading, what little information available provided by Castanet.net, story involving 3 bears being removed by your office. The story leads me to conclude one of the following
1. your office is under funded and under staffed to properly manage problem wildlife in your area, resulting in hash judgment and unnecessary action to control problem animals.
2. Protocol to address problems with wildlife needs to be revised.
It is my opinion that the procedures executed in these situations involving the removal of these three bears was conducted harshly and irrationally.
I can only assume that the time restraints imposed on you and your staff to take action in situations such as this, limits your ability to monitor these bears that would have eventually exited the tree and / or set up a live trap and transport the animals to another location.
I strongly feel that the reporter of this story needs to address your position in more detail, as I am left feeling that more could have been done to preserve this wild life,
Thank you for your time and I hope my letter will result in a more pro-active approach and or provide better resources and funding to Ministry of the Environment conservation officers.
Read more Letters to the editor
for these and other issues.
- Trucking Along - stay classy Kelowna Dec 9
- Coyote attacks dog Dec 9
- Tax filled with carbon Dec 8
- Irish Trade Fair Hogwash Dec 8
- Local rail service Dec 8
(Click for RSS instructions.)