Letters to the editor
Acts of Kindness Campaign
It may not have happened in our backyard, a lot may think it is none of our concern in Canada … but the Newtown CT issue has raised one very wonderful campaign that I believe the whole world should take part in.
#26Acts (a twitter hash tag) is encouraging all people to commit to do 26 acts of random kindness toward our fellows in honour of those who lost their lives.
I made a personal commitment to do this before New Year’s and I was able to complete that mission today. Personally, it made my heart smile.
Nothing can bring back those people’s lives, but 26 random acts of kindness, especially if those who receive one can pay it forward, then I believe our world will become a much more compassionate, inclusive place with (let’s all hope) less violence in it.
Thank you to NBC's Ann Curry for starting this movement. I hope it changes everyone’s lives for the better, it did for me.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Explosion in New York CityWorld - 11:12 am
- Creating electricity out of organic wasteBusiness - 12:50 pm
- Snow pack level checkVernon / N. Okanagan - 11:08 am
- Rocky the dog loves to get stonedKamloops - 10:44 am
for these and other issues.
- Land swap - you can't eat a house. Mar 11
- Cyclists need to pay. They actually do. Mar 11
- RE: Cyclists need to pay Mar 11
- Christy, thanks for nothing Mar 11
- Sexist note to pilot Mar 6