Letters to the editor
Please do everyone a big favour, especially yourself …. Truly read this letter and actually think about it for a few minutes.
How do you think your life would change if you killed or maimed someone because you were talking or texting on your cel phone while driving?
How do you think your friends and family would look at you from that day forward? What would it do to your career?
How do think you would feel? Would you be cavalier and unfazed?
Would life go on as before? Or would you have nightmares for the rest of your life?
Never mind the financial costs after that. That will be no big deal. You have to already know that accidents happen even when we are paying FULL attention on the road. You never know what the other drivers are going to do.
You already know that it only takes a split second to have, …. or to avoid an accident.
AND you've probably ALREADY had a close call.Please turn off your cel phone when you are behind the wheel.
Everyone will respect you for it!
I watched a young woman just the other day, driving a mini van with a family of "stick people" on the back window. She was smoking a cigarette and texting while driving in the HOV lane. Talk about multi-tasking!
I'm sure she'll recognize herself here. I don't think she even knows that she was drifting out of her lane.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Flooding washes out roads in Montana World
- Lost snowmobiler was full of lifeVernon / N. Okanagan
- Buskers festival remains on radarKelowna
- Harvesting rain water in the OkanaganPenticton / S. Okanagan
for these and other issues.
- Sexist note to pilot Mar 6
- End of Funding for Youth Drug Awareness Program Mar 6
- Cyclists need to pay Mar 6
- Did a leg-hold trap take cougar's leg? Mar 1
- Riding the bus a bust Mar 1