Letters to the editor
Teacher's true colours response
In response to this letter called Teacher's true colours.
That is funny. You state you are grateful that your children were educated in Alberta. So I did my own research.
Teachers are paid $10000-$20000 more per year, get almost double the prep time in Alberta compared to BC and have reasonable class size limits. So yes there would be fewer disruptions, happier teachers and a better system.
You seem to think that the teachers in BC are not worth as much, why ?
I am not saying pay them as much as Alberta, but maybe their demands are not as unreasonable as the media makes them out to be.
You most certainly are correct about one thing. We are taxed to death in BC. Since we both agree on that point, and obviously the taxes are not going to education, the question remains,
where are all these taxes going ?
Read more Letters to the editor
- It's decision day for teachersBC - 6:22 am
- Few leads in clubhouse fireWest Kelowna - 9:38 am
- Letter to parentsCentral Okanagan - 6:54 am
- Dog killed in coyote attackPenticton / S. Okanagan - 5:00 am
for these and other issues.
- Used students Sep 12
- Have we lost our minds? Sep 12
- Blame game Sep 11
- Students need to step up Sep 11
- Downtown revitalization Sep 10