Letters to the editor
Smarten up drivers
Every so often there is a reader’s letter or a news article in the media that “deals” with traffic accidents and road conditions.
I am getting sick and tired of reading those comments that put the blame on everything and everybody, but themselves. I am on our roads on a daily base and when I say “ours”, that means just about all of Canada and the US as well.
It is possible that accidents “happen”, however, over 90 % of them are “caused”!
If a road is narrow and winding, slow down! If a road is slippery, slow down! If you’re too close, back off! If the intersection is not clear, don’t turn! There are rules out there, stick to them!
What I see on the roads in Kelowna alone is enough to provide all the money the City would need for a year if fines could be handed out.
I really don’t know what it takes for certain driver’s to smarten up.
Roger von Dach
Read more Letters to the editor
- All candidates forum comingKelowna
- Truck thief quickly nabbedPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Bobbitt hearing adjournedPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Development builds protestKelowna
for these and other issues.
- 'I am going to' candidates Oct 21
- Affordable housing Oct 20
- Fuelling rage Oct 20
- Gas price follow Oct 20
- Gassed again (still) Oct 15