Letters to the editor
Smarten up drivers
Every so often there is a reader’s letter or a news article in the media that “deals” with traffic accidents and road conditions.
I am getting sick and tired of reading those comments that put the blame on everything and everybody, but themselves. I am on our roads on a daily base and when I say “ours”, that means just about all of Canada and the US as well.
It is possible that accidents “happen”, however, over 90 % of them are “caused”!
If a road is narrow and winding, slow down! If a road is slippery, slow down! If you’re too close, back off! If the intersection is not clear, don’t turn! There are rules out there, stick to them!
What I see on the roads in Kelowna alone is enough to provide all the money the City would need for a year if fines could be handed out.
I really don’t know what it takes for certain driver’s to smarten up.
Roger von Dach
Read more Letters to the editor
- Parents get Robo-CallsCentral Okanagan - 4:50 pm
- Teachers debate tentative dealBC - 2:35 pm
- Ford has rare cancerous tumourCanada - 2:30 pm
- Cheapflights likes YLWKelowna - 2:39 pm
for these and other issues.
- Used students Sep 12
- Have we lost our minds? Sep 12
- Blame game Sep 11
- Students need to step up Sep 11
- Downtown revitalization Sep 10