Letters to the editor
Harvey / Spall crash stats
I would suggest that the Ministry of Transportation take a much closer look at the statistics of the accident ratio at Spall and Highway 97. The Ministry always tells us that it is driver inattention that is the root cause of this high incident intersection.
I believe that this intersection is poorly designed and engineered. The least that should happen is that a dedicated turning light off of Highway 97 on to Spall should be installed. Far too many motorists are trying to 'beat' the light as well as turning on an 'orange' light to get through the intersection.
I think it is time for the Ministry to ask more questions why this intersection continues to have the highest accident reports in our valley. The human cost and dollars wasted to ICBC demands a more thorough look at this serious situation.
Read more Letters to the editor
- DPA street party and night marketPenticton / S. Okanagan
- RDCO Diesel Spill UpdateKelowna
- Challenge pro field heats upPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Knox, Dilworth parks reopenKelowna
for these and other issues.
- No apples for teachers Aug 20
- Is it a skunk or marijuana Aug 20
- Saved from a fire Aug 20
- Boaters in the way of fire crew Aug 13
- They were here first Aug 13