Letters to the editor
Me thinks the RCMP should stop calling biker gangs “organized crime groups” What is the difference between them and the organized crime group known as Big Oil”?
They rob us blind every chance the get under the pretext of supply and demand. The price of world oil goes down, there is no shortage, but the price at the pump, especially in the Okanagan goes up. Strange it's the same amount at every gas station at the same time. Boy, that is what I call organized.
It’s just plain greed on the part of big oil. Under NAFTA,we should be theoretically paying the same price as our neighbours to the south. I think it’s time our local federal and provincial elected officials did some real work for their constituents, instead of tilting at windmills pretending to earn their salaries and indexed pensions.
This type of gouging only hurts the ones who can ill-afford it.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Police look for bank robberKelowna - 3:10 pm
- Fall in creek leads to DUIKelowna - 4:30 pm
- Dog kicker to donate moneyBC - 3:17 pm
- Crash highway claims another oneCentral Okanagan - 4:16 pm
for these and other issues.
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27
- Teachers lost my support over coffee Aug 27
- Thank you for saving my husband Aug 27
- No sympathy for teachers Aug 27
- No apples for teachers Aug 20