Letters to the editor
To tip or not to tip
If I go to a restaurant for a meal and I’m getting a good service, I give a good tip. If the service is bad, I give little or nothing. And that has worked for decades. It will also work if I go as a regular customer several times a month. Good waitresses remember their customers and treat them accordingly. They also make more money than the bad ones.
Once tips are not there any longer, a bad waitress makes the same amount of money as the good one and that is just not right. A good waitress deserves more than a bad one. And as a customer I have no choice anymore and that is why I would like to see it stay the way it has been for a very long time.
Roger von Dach
Read more Letters to the editor
- Parachutist hits houseVernon / N. Okanagan
- Boonstock liquor decision finalPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Cash bog at COGKelowna - 5:00 am
- Anniv. of film set in NaramataPenticton / S. Okanagan - 5:00 am
for these and other issues.
- Disgusted with teachers Jul 28
- Mars bombers Jul 28
- Where's my cash? Jul 28
- City Park Vibe Jul 28
- Ontario says thanks West K. Jul 22