Letters to the editor
To tip or not to tip
If I go to a restaurant for a meal and I’m getting a good service, I give a good tip. If the service is bad, I give little or nothing. And that has worked for decades. It will also work if I go as a regular customer several times a month. Good waitresses remember their customers and treat them accordingly. They also make more money than the bad ones.
Once tips are not there any longer, a bad waitress makes the same amount of money as the good one and that is just not right. A good waitress deserves more than a bad one. And as a customer I have no choice anymore and that is why I would like to see it stay the way it has been for a very long time.
Roger von Dach
Read more Letters to the editor
- Man rescued from lakePenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:31 pm
- Students lament on strikeBC - 1:40 pm
- Parents protest strikePenticton / S. Okanagan - 11:23 am
- Penticton council highlightsPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:36 pm
for these and other issues.
- The highway is not deadly Sep 1
- Disheartened by government Sep 1
- Accidents on Hwy 97 North Sep 1
- Burning issue with wildfires Aug 30
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27