Letters to the editor
Bikes Vs. Vehicles
As the weather gets more spring-like, the conflicts between bikes and vehicles become more frequent. Today, four of us were cycling down the steep Oyama Road hill when a truck and trailer came around the corner, and forced two of us off the road into the gravel.
The driver clearly did not know his long trailer had not "followed" his truck around the corner, and had nearly crushed two of us. We are experienced cyclists, and there was room for us to get off the road, and move the foot or two over that we needed to get away from the fast-moving trailer. However, in many other circumstances the results could have been fatal for either or both of us.
My plea to any driver, is to watch out for cyclists, and be respectful and careful, as most of you are. Any "interaction" between a car and a cyclist, has much more serious consequences for the cyclist than the vehicle.
For those driving trucks and trailers, please make sure you know where your trailer is when you round a corner. Especially if you are passing cyclists on a narrow steep road.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Police look for bank robberKelowna
- Fall in creek leads to DUIKelowna
- Alleged killer accused of lying BC
- Unruly passengers in custodyCanada
for these and other issues.
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27
- Teachers lost my support over coffee Aug 27
- Thank you for saving my husband Aug 27
- No sympathy for teachers Aug 27
- No apples for teachers Aug 20