Letters to the editor
Bear kill letter
Re: Letter from citizens appalled by the bear killing.
If it was in your backyard, harmed your pets, or even worse, your family, it would be different.
The other side of the coin is this, if the bear population is out of hand they will increase the number of tags by the hundreds and the hunters will take them out later.
Same difference, but a bad situation possibly prevented, so it weighs out slightly on the plus side… Does that bigger picture help?
That’s life in suburbia, and you are part of the problem also… before you go off at me, I wish it could be different also. I walk in areas and have seen them too close for comfort, but they are not in the yards or garbage yet so we just scare them off.
Sometimes it doesn’t work, so when they are comfortable amongst humans what options remain?
Read more Letters to the editor
- Naramata wildfirePenticton / S. Okanagan - 4:20 pm
- Busy day for search and rescueKamloops - 3:37 pm
- Supertankers: 'pure madness'BC - 1:45 pm
- Harrowing tale from missing pickerPenticton / S. Okanagan - 1:00 pm
for these and other issues.
- Boaters in the way of fire crew Aug 13
- They were here first Aug 13
- Morons on Okanagan Lake Aug 13
- Teacher's true colours response Aug 13
- Borders: religion free zones Aug 13