Letters to the editor
Financial dignity of veterans
In the old days, we were the best country in the world, because we stood up for democracy. Today many of our disabled veterans are walking the streets suffering with PTSD, while Veterans Affairs offices are being closed.
After serving in Canada’s forces, families are left struggling financially. They feel abandoned and our Government looks at them as welfare recipients. Canada can earmark $11 million to observe the Ukraine election campaign, but it can’t afford the Pension Act that financially looks after its disable veterans. Shame on Canada!
Tomorrow, we look forward to getting our taxable marijuana to ease our Canadian pain. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer!
Read more Letters to the editor
- Challenge pro field heats upPenticton / S. Okanagan - 4:10 pm
- Knox, Dilworth parks reopenKelowna - 4:23 pm
- Underwear run a big hitPenticton / S. Okanagan - 3:07 pm
- Puppy attacked at parkKelowna - 11:34 am
for these and other issues.
- No apples for teachers Aug 20
- Is it a skunk or marijuana Aug 20
- Saved from a fire Aug 20
- Boaters in the way of fire crew Aug 13
- They were here first Aug 13