Letters to the editor
Financial dignity of veterans
In the old days, we were the best country in the world, because we stood up for democracy. Today many of our disabled veterans are walking the streets suffering with PTSD, while Veterans Affairs offices are being closed.
After serving in Canada’s forces, families are left struggling financially. They feel abandoned and our Government looks at them as welfare recipients. Canada can earmark $11 million to observe the Ukraine election campaign, but it can’t afford the Pension Act that financially looks after its disable veterans. Shame on Canada!
Tomorrow, we look forward to getting our taxable marijuana to ease our Canadian pain. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer!
Read more Letters to the editor
- Parents scrambling for daycare BC - 2:16 pm
- Fire destroys houseVernon / N. Okanagan - 3:05 pm
- Negotiation or legislation?Poll - 2:08 pm
- Quad crash hospitalizes oneKelowna - 1:04 pm
for these and other issues.
- The highway is not deadly Sep 1
- Disheartened by government Sep 1
- Accidents on Hwy 97 North Sep 1
- Burning issue with wildfires Aug 30
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27