Letters to the editor
Financial dignity of veterans
In the old days, we were the best country in the world, because we stood up for democracy. Today many of our disabled veterans are walking the streets suffering with PTSD, while Veterans Affairs offices are being closed.
After serving in Canada’s forces, families are left struggling financially. They feel abandoned and our Government looks at them as welfare recipients. Canada can earmark $11 million to observe the Ukraine election campaign, but it can’t afford the Pension Act that financially looks after its disable veterans. Shame on Canada!
Tomorrow, we look forward to getting our taxable marijuana to ease our Canadian pain. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer!
Read more Letters to the editor
- Teachers debate tentative dealBC - 2:35 pm
- Ford has rare cancerous tumourCanada - 2:30 pm
- Cheapflights likes YLWKelowna - 2:39 pm
- Summerland bids farewell to CAOPenticton / S. Okanagan - 2:38 pm
for these and other issues.
- Used students Sep 12
- Have we lost our minds? Sep 12
- Blame game Sep 11
- Students need to step up Sep 11
- Downtown revitalization Sep 10