Letters to the editor
I have never been so appalled at these officers who killed the mother bear and her cubs. It is a disgusting example of the “lack of value” in animals and their babies. Who gave these officers permission to kill these bears? I would like to know who gave the “ok” for this act of stupidity. Human beings like these officers should lose their jobs.
There is no forgivable reason why this had to happen. Why weren’t these bears trapped and taken to the wilderness?? WHY?? I suppose there will be excuses for their actions. They always have an excuse. Maybe some citizens of the Okanagan should put together a “Wildlife Coalition” to deal appropriately with these situations that seem to come up more and more. The mother bear can be dangerous if she feels her cubs are threatened.
However, there have been many situations where this wasn’t the case. Is it Government cut backs that is destroying our wildlife or the decisions of the officers?? Is it more convenient to kill than to transfer the mother and her babies?? A citizens coalition for these animals may help in the prevention of poor decisions such as this last incident.
It’s a disgusting act and it not only effects our wildlife but it causes people to be negatively impacted by the trauma of watching this happen and hearing the sound of the guns. We have to remember. We are on their land. We destroy. We conquer. We abuse. We need to think differently!!!
Read more Letters to the editor
- Charged with manslaughterVernon / N. Okanagan - 9:00 am
- Jail time for high speed crashKelowna - 10:30 am
- Mysterious package at cop shopPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:00 pm
- Girl abducted, sexually assaultedBC
for these and other issues.
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27
- Teachers lost my support over coffee Aug 27
- Thank you for saving my husband Aug 27
- No sympathy for teachers Aug 27
- No apples for teachers Aug 20