Letters to the editor
Harperbinger of doom for Vets
It angers me to no end that the Harper Government (TM) is actively fighting Canadian Veterans in a BC Supreme court case by arguing they have no social contract with our returning vets, regardless of how broken they may be physically and mentally.
Disgusting is the only way to describe this. How dare you vote to send soldiers to war and then complain they cost too much when they return alive?
How dare you use the military as a photo-op and to score political points only to toss them aside when push comes to shove? If respect could be quantified numerically, the CPC's respect for veterans would be less than zero.
As one veteran aptly put it... the closest Stephen Harper or Julian Fantino have ever come to a trench is in their trench coats.
John West, West Kelowna.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Police look for bank robberKelowna
- Fall in creek leads to DUIKelowna
- Alleged killer accused of lying BC
- Unruly passengers in custodyCanada
for these and other issues.
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27
- Teachers lost my support over coffee Aug 27
- Thank you for saving my husband Aug 27
- No sympathy for teachers Aug 27
- No apples for teachers Aug 20