Letters to the editor
Deliver me from Canada Post
Canada Post goes back in time.
A little background... I moved into my home on Pandosy in 1996.
Shortly afterwards, I was notified by Canada Post that I would no longer be getting home delivery because we lacked sidewalks on Pandosy.
We were now expected to collect our mail from a "community mailbox"
We continued to do this for over ten years.
In 2013 a sidewalk was build by the city and we received a letter from the Canada Post that we would be getting home delivery.
The community mailboxes would be removed, but we had to install a regulation mailbox at the front door.
As luck would have it, our house is over 100 years old and so was the door that I cut through to install a mailbox for home delivery.
Imagine my surprise when Canada Post followed up with their latest plan to end all home delivery and return to community mailboxes.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Parachutist hits houseVernon / N. Okanagan - 6:47 pm
- Boonstock liquor decision finalPenticton / S. Okanagan - 7:00 pm
- Disaster relief from stormKamloops - 6:34 pm
- Movie set burned in firePenticton / S. Okanagan - 6:30 pm
for these and other issues.
- Disgusted with teachers Jul 28
- Mars bombers Jul 28
- Where's my cash? Jul 28
- City Park Vibe Jul 28
- Ontario says thanks West K. Jul 22