Letters to the editor
More to Olympics than Hockey ?
In response to Carole Kormendy’s letter – it is really too bad that you are so sick of the amazing show that hockey has put on at the Olympics.
I also completely disagree with your view that all other sports and athletes are overshadowed by it as I find that news headlines have consistently showed front page highlights of whoever was successful the previous day.
After watching the Canadian women comeback from a 2-0 deficit against the United States this morning, it was truly something to be proud of as a Canadian.
The strength and heart that those women displayed (none of which are NHL players, OR paid for that matter) was amazing! Being proud and supportive of your country and its strength and support towards all athletes (hockey players or not) IS the true spirit of the Olympics, so NO, I will not give it a rest. I am a proud Canadian.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Hells Angel didn't see gunsVernon / N. Okanagan
- Missing man found deadVernon / N. Okanagan
- Parents get Robo-CallsCentral Okanagan
- Surrey Mayor seeks Tory nod BC
for these and other issues.
- Used students Sep 12
- Have we lost our minds? Sep 12
- Blame game Sep 11
- Students need to step up Sep 11
- Downtown revitalization Sep 10