Letters to the editor
More to Olympics than Hockey ?
In response to Carole Kormendy’s letter – it is really too bad that you are so sick of the amazing show that hockey has put on at the Olympics.
I also completely disagree with your view that all other sports and athletes are overshadowed by it as I find that news headlines have consistently showed front page highlights of whoever was successful the previous day.
After watching the Canadian women comeback from a 2-0 deficit against the United States this morning, it was truly something to be proud of as a Canadian.
The strength and heart that those women displayed (none of which are NHL players, OR paid for that matter) was amazing! Being proud and supportive of your country and its strength and support towards all athletes (hockey players or not) IS the true spirit of the Olympics, so NO, I will not give it a rest. I am a proud Canadian.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Mom petitions govt, teachersKelowna - 2:56 pm
- 7 cars within 7 minutesWest Kelowna - 3:49 pm
- Terrorist had TRU connectionKamloops - 3:18 pm
- Dead rock climber identifiedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 1:54 pm
for these and other issues.
- The highway is not deadly Sep 1
- Disheartened by government Sep 1
- Accidents on Hwy 97 North Sep 1
- Burning issue with wildfires Aug 30
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27