Letters to the editor
Retirement in Peachland
A word of caution to the reporter who contributed the story on Peachland and its affordability of retirement. Be advised that the gap between the income levels in Canada is not only being experienced by the working classes, but by the retired classes as well.
Not much has been reported on Canadian retirees and how they exist after retiring. The real estate prices in Peachland are only affordable to the “upper class “ income retirees. Which are far less in number than the majority of “low income” retirees living in Canada. As such, the article heading should perhaps read” An affordable place to retire,” for some.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Strike or settlement?Poll - 4:42 pm
- 'Spiderman' arsonist gets jail timeKelowna - 5:00 pm
- Road project jumps by $1.1MKelowna - 12:17 pm
- Murder details brings family to tearsKamloops - 12:10 pm
for these and other issues.
- Sexist note to pilot Mar 6
- End of Funding for Youth Drug Awareness Program Mar 6
- Cyclists need to pay Mar 6
- Did a leg-hold trap take cougar's leg? Mar 1
- Riding the bus a bust Mar 1