Letters to the editor
RDCO: Not hiding behind dog bylaw
The Regional District would like to set the record straight about the new Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw to remove any assumptions, misunderstandings or speculation.
In order to provide factual information and keep all residents informed, we’ve addressed each of the nine points raised by Ms. Stiewe’s letter. View it in detail at http://www.regionaldistrict.com/whats-new.aspx.
We encourage you to read the new Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw along with the Information Open House panels to understand what’s proposed and why (www.regionaldistrict.com/dogs).
Both the existing and Responsible Dog Ownership bylaws set out the regulations that responsible dog owners are expected to follow to first, ensure public safety and second, set the stage for all citizens to enjoy our quality of life.
Any responsible dog owner that licenses their pet; leashes it and keeps it under their care and control at all times and picks up after their dog and doesn’t let their dog become a threat or nuisance should not have any problem with the bylaw.
RDCO Communications Officer
Read more Letters to the editor
- Charged with manslaughterVernon / N. Okanagan - 9:00 am
- Jail time for high speed crashKelowna - 10:30 am
- Mysterious package at cop shopPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:00 pm
- Girl abducted, sexually assaultedBC
for these and other issues.
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27
- Teachers lost my support over coffee Aug 27
- Thank you for saving my husband Aug 27
- No sympathy for teachers Aug 27
- No apples for teachers Aug 20