Letters to the editor
RDCO: Not hiding behind dog bylaw
The Regional District would like to set the record straight about the new Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw to remove any assumptions, misunderstandings or speculation.
In order to provide factual information and keep all residents informed, we’ve addressed each of the nine points raised by Ms. Stiewe’s letter. View it in detail at http://www.regionaldistrict.com/whats-new.aspx.
We encourage you to read the new Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw along with the Information Open House panels to understand what’s proposed and why (www.regionaldistrict.com/dogs).
Both the existing and Responsible Dog Ownership bylaws set out the regulations that responsible dog owners are expected to follow to first, ensure public safety and second, set the stage for all citizens to enjoy our quality of life.
Any responsible dog owner that licenses their pet; leashes it and keeps it under their care and control at all times and picks up after their dog and doesn’t let their dog become a threat or nuisance should not have any problem with the bylaw.
RDCO Communications Officer
Read more Letters to the editor
- Doctor shortage surveyCentral Okanagan - 5:00 am
- Fire destroys general storeKamloops - 6:23 am
- Thieves target local businessesVernon / N. Okanagan - 5:00 am
- City has eyes on youKelowna
for these and other issues.
- Rotary beach Apr 16
- Manteo marina, no problem Apr 16
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15