Letters to the editor
Dog Gone wrong information
Re: Dog Gone Mad
Toronto has not scrapped its animal licensing program. In fact, it’s very active and adopted a rewards program similar to our My Dog Matters program. On line here.
To confirm this I contacted Mary Lou Leiher, the program manager, partnerships and marketing for the City of Toronto Animal Services. She advises that while an external consultant did review the Animal Services, they also reviewed all services as part of an initiative by the Mayor in 2011 and Animal Services has not been scrapped.
She also informs me that while Toronto’s Animal Services does cost about $2-million a year, it actually generates revenues of $2.6-million…a $600,000 surplus which is very different than the information provided by the letter writer.
Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs Officer, Regional District of Central Okanagan
Read more Letters to the editor
- Coquihalla opensKamloops - 8:36 pm
- Fire destroys houseVernon / N. Okanagan - 3:05 pm
- Quad crash hospitalizes oneKelowna - 1:04 pm
- Teachers: 40 years of battlesBC - 7:46 am
for these and other issues.
- The highway is not deadly Sep 1
- Disheartened by government Sep 1
- Accidents on Hwy 97 North Sep 1
- Burning issue with wildfires Aug 30
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27