Letters to the editor
Dog Gone wrong information
Re: Dog Gone Mad
Toronto has not scrapped its animal licensing program. In fact, it’s very active and adopted a rewards program similar to our My Dog Matters program. On line here.
To confirm this I contacted Mary Lou Leiher, the program manager, partnerships and marketing for the City of Toronto Animal Services. She advises that while an external consultant did review the Animal Services, they also reviewed all services as part of an initiative by the Mayor in 2011 and Animal Services has not been scrapped.
She also informs me that while Toronto’s Animal Services does cost about $2-million a year, it actually generates revenues of $2.6-million…a $600,000 surplus which is very different than the information provided by the letter writer.
Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs Officer, Regional District of Central Okanagan
Read more Letters to the editor
- Kamloops retiree living a dreamKamloops - 4:29 pm
- Armed robberiesKelowna - 4:38 pm
- Burying utilities uncovers $1M overrunKelowna - 2:37 pm
- Sunshine brings out cyclists & warningKelowna - 2:54 pm
for these and other issues.
- Land swap - you can't eat a house. Mar 11
- Cyclists need to pay. They actually do. Mar 11
- RE: Cyclists need to pay Mar 11
- Christy, thanks for nothing Mar 11
- Sexist note to pilot Mar 6