Letters to the editor
Dog Gone wrong information
Re: Dog Gone Mad
Toronto has not scrapped its animal licensing program. In fact, it’s very active and adopted a rewards program similar to our My Dog Matters program. On line here.
To confirm this I contacted Mary Lou Leiher, the program manager, partnerships and marketing for the City of Toronto Animal Services. She advises that while an external consultant did review the Animal Services, they also reviewed all services as part of an initiative by the Mayor in 2011 and Animal Services has not been scrapped.
She also informs me that while Toronto’s Animal Services does cost about $2-million a year, it actually generates revenues of $2.6-million…a $600,000 surplus which is very different than the information provided by the letter writer.
Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs Officer, Regional District of Central Okanagan
Read more Letters to the editor
- Police look for bank robberKelowna - 3:10 pm
- Fall in creek leads to DUIKelowna - 4:30 pm
- Dog kicker to donate moneyBC - 3:17 pm
- Crash highway claims another oneCentral Okanagan - 4:16 pm
for these and other issues.
- Sure, keep marijuana illegal Aug 27
- Teachers lost my support over coffee Aug 27
- Thank you for saving my husband Aug 27
- No sympathy for teachers Aug 27
- No apples for teachers Aug 20