Letters to the editor
Parking increase - not for common folk
I definitely will not be going downtown to shop because of Council's recent decision to raise parking rates.
Councilor Maxine DeHart has lost touch with taxpayers who pay her salary.
She may well think raising the rates from $.50 cents an hour to $1.25 an hour is fair. But then again she drives a late model Mercedes convertible and can well afford a 150% rate hike. Also, unlike taxpayers, she has a free spot to park downtown at city hall. Way to go Maxine. Nice to see you sticking it to the common folk.
Good luck in the next election.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Family condemns RCMP BC
- Child pornography sentencePenticton / S. Okanagan
- Bobbitt hearing continuesPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Inquest into teen's Mill deathVernon / N. Okanagan
for these and other issues.
- Affordable housing Oct 20
- Fuelling rage Oct 20
- Gas price follow Oct 20
- Gassed again (still) Oct 15
- TruD'oh hyperbole Oct 15