Letters to the editor
Parking increase - not for common folk
I definitely will not be going downtown to shop because of Council's recent decision to raise parking rates.
Councilor Maxine DeHart has lost touch with taxpayers who pay her salary.
She may well think raising the rates from $.50 cents an hour to $1.25 an hour is fair. But then again she drives a late model Mercedes convertible and can well afford a 150% rate hike. Also, unlike taxpayers, she has a free spot to park downtown at city hall. Way to go Maxine. Nice to see you sticking it to the common folk.
Good luck in the next election.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Dream wedding for dying manVernon / N. Okanagan - 7:23 am
- Terrorist acts in the 1950sPenticton / S. Okanagan - 5:00 am
- Stanley returns to KelownaSports - 5:00 am
- Teen rescued from cliffKelowna
for these and other issues.
- No apples for teachers Aug 20
- Is it a skunk or marijuana Aug 20
- Saved from a fire Aug 20
- Boaters in the way of fire crew Aug 13
- They were here first Aug 13