Letters to the editor
Parking increase - not for common folk
I definitely will not be going downtown to shop because of Council's recent decision to raise parking rates.
Councilor Maxine DeHart has lost touch with taxpayers who pay her salary.
She may well think raising the rates from $.50 cents an hour to $1.25 an hour is fair. But then again she drives a late model Mercedes convertible and can well afford a 150% rate hike. Also, unlike taxpayers, she has a free spot to park downtown at city hall. Way to go Maxine. Nice to see you sticking it to the common folk.
Good luck in the next election.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Teacher strikeKelowna
- Month old ticket wins $1MKelowna
- Masterchef to open restaurantWest Kelowna
- Curfew check nets drug bustVernon / N. Okanagan
for these and other issues.
- Beached over marina Apr 20
- No problem with cameras Apr 18
- Bear kill Apr 18
- Cameras around the city Apr 18
- Manteo marina, no problem Apr 16