Letters to the editor
Parking increase - not for common folk
I definitely will not be going downtown to shop because of Council's recent decision to raise parking rates.
Councilor Maxine DeHart has lost touch with taxpayers who pay her salary.
She may well think raising the rates from $.50 cents an hour to $1.25 an hour is fair. But then again she drives a late model Mercedes convertible and can well afford a 150% rate hike. Also, unlike taxpayers, she has a free spot to park downtown at city hall. Way to go Maxine. Nice to see you sticking it to the common folk.
Good luck in the next election.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Back to schoolBC - 6:47 am
- Castanet's weekly weatherCentral Okanagan - 5:00 am
- House fire in ArmstrongVernon / N. Okanagan
- Male charged in teen's deathBC
for these and other issues.
- Eye see you Sep 19
- Dividers save lives Sep 19
- Bank draft fraud Sep 19
- Harper and FIPA Sep 18
- BC Libs are not evil Sep 18