Letters to the editor
Parking increase - not for common folk
I definitely will not be going downtown to shop because of Council's recent decision to raise parking rates.
Councilor Maxine DeHart has lost touch with taxpayers who pay her salary.
She may well think raising the rates from $.50 cents an hour to $1.25 an hour is fair. But then again she drives a late model Mercedes convertible and can well afford a 150% rate hike. Also, unlike taxpayers, she has a free spot to park downtown at city hall. Way to go Maxine. Nice to see you sticking it to the common folk.
Good luck in the next election.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Airline loses contact with planeWorld
- 'Spiderman' arsonist gets jail timeKelowna
- Road project jumps by $1.1MKelowna
- Co-worker stabbed in Salmon ArmVernon / N. Okanagan - 5:00 am
for these and other issues.
- Sexist note to pilot Mar 6
- End of Funding for Youth Drug Awareness Program Mar 6
- Cyclists need to pay Mar 6
- Did a leg-hold trap take cougar's leg? Mar 1
- Riding the bus a bust Mar 1