Letters to the editor
Dog gone it, pick up the poop
We use the new walking trail at Gellatly Bay regularly, and love the feeling of walking by the lake with the beautiful scenery. Recently though, we have noticed more and more dog owners are not cleaning up after their dogs. Yesterday, we counted 20 loads of dog excrement on the trail that had just been left for others to step over or in.
This is unfortunate and short-sighted, as it will eventually stir up anger against the dog owners, and the good will suffer for the bad.
The taxpayers and District of West Kelowna have spent a lot of money making this trail for the enjoyment of all. There should be some way to enforce the ‘pick up after your pets’ rule before it starts to get unpleasant for pet owners.
Barbara Derrick, West Kelowna.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Final evacuees going homeWest Kelowna - 12:05 pm
- Graffiti partnership consideredPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:15 pm
- Mars out, skimmers inBC - 5:00 am
- Wild weather on the horizonBC - 8:19 am
for these and other issues.
- Ontario says thanks West K. Jul 22
- Tone deaf politicians Jul 22
- Ric's Grill Jul 22
- Doing makeup in a car Jul 22
- Dear Wendy Jul 22