Letters to the editor
Islander supports tourist centre
I would like to throw my support behind the relocation of the Visitor Centre to the Queensway Jetty parking lot, in downtown Kelowna.
As frequent travelers to the Okanagan, we seldom utilize a visitor’s center located along the highway or major thoroughfare. Too often we are in a hurry to arrive at our destination, but rather prefer to find the visitor’s center while walking and exploring the city, at a leisurely pace.
Times have changed with how we travel, as well as how we explore and discover the highlights of a city. Having the Kelowna visitors center located in a popular area for visitors, makes far better sense, not only for the City, but the tourists as well.
Bowen Island, BC
Read more Letters to the editor
- Mayor takes icy challengePenticton / S. Okanagan - 2:07 pm
- Mudslides close Hwy. 99BC - 3:15 pm
- Orphaned bruin releasedBC - 10:47 am
- Pool closed next summerPenticton / S. Okanagan - 10:22 am
for these and other issues.
- No apples for teachers Aug 20
- Is it a skunk or marijuana Aug 20
- Saved from a fire Aug 20
- Boaters in the way of fire crew Aug 13
- They were here first Aug 13