Letters to the editor
Islander supports tourist centre
I would like to throw my support behind the relocation of the Visitor Centre to the Queensway Jetty parking lot, in downtown Kelowna.
As frequent travelers to the Okanagan, we seldom utilize a visitor’s center located along the highway or major thoroughfare. Too often we are in a hurry to arrive at our destination, but rather prefer to find the visitor’s center while walking and exploring the city, at a leisurely pace.
Times have changed with how we travel, as well as how we explore and discover the highlights of a city. Having the Kelowna visitors center located in a popular area for visitors, makes far better sense, not only for the City, but the tourists as well.
Bowen Island, BC
Read more Letters to the editor
- Rain shuts down KamloopsKamloops - 4:15 pm
- Storm photo galleryCentral Okanagan - 4:44 pm
- 3 family members killed in crashCentral Okanagan - 2:59 pm
- Crime rate falls 13 per centKelowna - 11:46 am
for these and other issues.
- Ontario says thanks West K. Jul 22
- Tone deaf politicians Jul 22
- Ric's Grill Jul 22
- Doing makeup in a car Jul 22
- Dear Wendy Jul 22