Letters to the editor
A funeral for a friend of the Rockets
Yesterday I attended a funeral for Peter Huska, who is the father of Ryan Huska, coach of the Kelowna Rockets.
As I was sitting waiting for the ceremony to begin in walked a group of young men. They were the Kelowna Rockets Hockey Team.
Now some of them may have been lucky enough to have met Peter, but not all, I am sure. I would like to say that the Rockets coming to the funeral was a wonderful thing for Ryan, who did not know they were attending. Kudos to the Rockets for such a touching idea.
When I left the Kelowna Rockets bus was outside — what a great gesture to support their coach and his family.
Read more Letters to the editor
- All candidates forum comingKelowna - 8:57 pm
- Truck thief quickly nabbedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 7:11 pm
- Bobbitt hearing adjournedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 7:08 pm
- Development builds protestKelowna - 4:52 pm
for these and other issues.
- 'I am going to' candidates Oct 21
- Affordable housing Oct 20
- Fuelling rage Oct 20
- Gas price follow Oct 20
- Gassed again (still) Oct 15