Letters to the editor
A funeral for a friend of the Rockets
Yesterday I attended a funeral for Peter Huska, who is the father of Ryan Huska, coach of the Kelowna Rockets.
As I was sitting waiting for the ceremony to begin in walked a group of young men. They were the Kelowna Rockets Hockey Team.
Now some of them may have been lucky enough to have met Peter, but not all, I am sure. I would like to say that the Rockets coming to the funeral was a wonderful thing for Ryan, who did not know they were attending. Kudos to the Rockets for such a touching idea.
When I left the Kelowna Rockets bus was outside — what a great gesture to support their coach and his family.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Superboat chaseKelowna - 3:56 pm
- Charges laid in Amanda Todd caseBC - 6:59 pm
- Needle used in robberyKamloops - 3:06 pm
- Kelowna man pleads guiltyKelowna - 2:02 pm
for these and other issues.
- Rotary beach Apr 16
- Manteo marina, no problem Apr 16
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15