Letters to the editor
A funeral for a friend of the Rockets
Yesterday I attended a funeral for Peter Huska, who is the father of Ryan Huska, coach of the Kelowna Rockets.
As I was sitting waiting for the ceremony to begin in walked a group of young men. They were the Kelowna Rockets Hockey Team.
Now some of them may have been lucky enough to have met Peter, but not all, I am sure. I would like to say that the Rockets coming to the funeral was a wonderful thing for Ryan, who did not know they were attending. Kudos to the Rockets for such a touching idea.
When I left the Kelowna Rockets bus was outside — what a great gesture to support their coach and his family.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Pilot out of hospitalVernon / N. Okanagan - 1:20 pm
- Parachutist hits houseVernon / N. Okanagan
- Hopkin not seeking re-electionPenticton / S. Okanagan - 12:00 pm
- Boonstock liquor decision finalPenticton / S. Okanagan
for these and other issues.
- Disgusted with teachers Jul 28
- Mars bombers Jul 28
- Where's my cash? Jul 28
- City Park Vibe Jul 28
- Ontario says thanks West K. Jul 22