Letters to the editor
Congratulations to the Kelowna Rockets
Congratulations to the Kelowna Rockets alumni chosen to represent Canada in the next Olympics.
The Rockets have three players on the Team Canada Roster – more than any other team in the CHL (Canadian Hockey League).
The London Knights also have three Canadian players. One of the Knights is John Tavares who played mostly with the Oshawa Generals but was traded to London at the end of his junior career.
The Acadie-Bathurst Titan of the QMJHL have two. The two Titan’s on the roster (Luongo and Bergeron) started their Major Junior careers with other QMJHL teams and only played for Acadie Bathurst for a short time.
Those are the only three CHL teams with more than one Canadian alumni on Team Canada.
Add in Alex Edler on Team Sweden and Lauris Darzins on Team Latvia and the Rockets have a total of 5 alumni playing in Sochi.
Read more Letters to the editor
- Highway 1 reopened near GoldenBC
- Koe dominates Brier finalKamloops
- Two Okanagan arenas go for $100kCentral Okanagan
- New command for Kelowna DragoonsKelowna
for these and other issues.
- Sexist note to pilot Mar 6
- End of Funding for Youth Drug Awareness Program Mar 6
- Cyclists need to pay Mar 6
- Did a leg-hold trap take cougar's leg? Mar 1
- Riding the bus a bust Mar 1