Letters to the editor
Rail Service, a repeat of Translink's mistake
Really? This idea will cost $millions and $millions just to service and manage. Just look at what the Lower mainland did , with Gordo the Magnificent. They formed a whole new bureaucratic network , called Translink, Translink raised property taxes and fuel taxes and every other tax , but in the beginning they stated that the LRT system would be self sufficient and would require no taxpayer dollars after being built .
The building costs were three times what was stated, and they have raised taxes and even regular us costs by three times what they were, it's a total disaster. With buses currently driving around half empty , what do you think a rail service will be?
Kelowna can not justify the cost of a rail service or the usage, or lack there of. There was a study last year that recommended the hiring of 20+ more Police officers in Kelowna , I would work on that first .
Read more Letters to the editor
- Pedestrian struck near collegeKelowna - 9:44 am
- Nothing to tweet about, twitter is downWorld - 11:29 am
- Images of 2 Iranians on missing planeWorld - 6:44 am
- Targeted shooting in VancouverBC - 6:23 am
for these and other issues.
- Sexist note to pilot Mar 6
- End of Funding for Youth Drug Awareness Program Mar 6
- Cyclists need to pay Mar 6
- Did a leg-hold trap take cougar's leg? Mar 1
- Riding the bus a bust Mar 1