Letters to the editor
Rail Service, a repeat of Translink's mistake
Really? This idea will cost $millions and $millions just to service and manage. Just look at what the Lower mainland did , with Gordo the Magnificent. They formed a whole new bureaucratic network , called Translink, Translink raised property taxes and fuel taxes and every other tax , but in the beginning they stated that the LRT system would be self sufficient and would require no taxpayer dollars after being built .
The building costs were three times what was stated, and they have raised taxes and even regular us costs by three times what they were, it's a total disaster. With buses currently driving around half empty , what do you think a rail service will be?
Kelowna can not justify the cost of a rail service or the usage, or lack there of. There was a study last year that recommended the hiring of 20+ more Police officers in Kelowna , I would work on that first .
Read more Letters to the editor
- No leads on latest homicidesCentral Okanagan - 4:00 pm
- Teachers' stalemateBC - 7:26 pm
- Foreign workers' scandalCanada - 7:20 pm
- Evacuation orderBC - 12:43 pm
for these and other issues.
- Beached over marina Apr 20
- No problem with cameras Apr 18
- Bear kill Apr 18
- Cameras around the city Apr 18
- Manteo marina, no problem Apr 16