Letters to the editor
Irish Trade Fair Hogwash
The captioned subject article---is complete “HOGWASH”!!!!!!!!
In 2001, the Liberal Government---led by “DUI”( remember Hawaii) Gordon Campbell cancelled the Apprenticeship Program which subsidized Companies for Apprentice wages, while they were in school getting the necessary THEORY required to complete their Apprenticeship Programs. Therefore, Companies said they had to go outside the Province/Country to fill this need.
It is time this Government started looking after their own young people---who want BUT can’t get--- the REAL JOBS and GOOD PAY/BENEFITS in their home Province.
Premier Clarke, may I offer the following suggestions:
- Bring back the Apprenticeship Program which was in place prior to 2001. Give the assistance to Companies so our young people can be trained in the Trades that will be needed for the next 15 to 20 years.
- May I suggest that our School Industrial Trades programs be refined. How about a young man/woman, being able to serve an apprenticeship while completing their Elementary schooling. Go to school for 3-5 months learning the necessary Theory and the rest of the year working for a Company as an apprentice to gain work experience. After 4 years of doing this, our young people will graduate with at least the level of a Third year Apprentice or possibly as a full fledge ticketed Journeymen in their chosen field!!!
Let’s look after our own Premier Clarke---we need training and jobs for our young people---NOT-----more people from other countries!!!!
C E Murray
Read more Letters to the editor
- Motorcycle victims ID'dVernon / N. Okanagan - 3:24 pm
- Floods cause evacuationsCanada - 3:15 pm
- Heartbleed - teen chargedCanada - 12:48 pm
- 3 bears put downPenticton / S. Okanagan - 11:01 am
for these and other issues.
- Rotary beach Apr 16
- Manteo marina, no problem Apr 16
- Easter giving from a stranger Apr 15
- Harperbinger of doom Apr 15
- Car wash needs to be flushed Apr 15