4th Annual Night at the Inn
Oct 5, 2013 / 9:47 am
Inn from the Cold is hosting their 4th Annual “Night at the Inn” fund-raising and awareness evening during homelessness action week.
This year they are collaborating with the Tribehouse Artist Collective in an eclectic evening of the Arts. During the evening several musicians including The Trips, Joyful Door and the Creeks among others will perform, and visual artists from HeArt School will exhibit their work around the cathedral.
This event is an unusual chance to get real about homelessness, hearing from someone who has been there, walking in solidarity with those who seek shelter for the night, and even experiencing a night in a shelter - albeit without the most important element, folks who live on the street.
The food is the same fare, the beds and linens are the same, and the service is the same. Your donations go directly to running our winter shelter program. Most importantly, you may see how you can fit in as a volunteer for Inn from the Cold and so encounter the very real people whose presence is missing from the Oct. 18th experience.
There are three options to consider when registering to join us for this unforgettable evening:
1. Come join us at St Michael of All Angels Cathedral for a night of music, dance and art culminating in an opportunity to hear about life on the streets of Kelowna from someone who has been there. Finish up the evening by participating in a solidarity walk from the Cathedral to our shelter on Sutherland (ticket by donation - suggested ticket price $15)
2. Experience all of the above and leave with a CD, InnCluded, that has been compiled and donated by a group of local musicians. (Ticket by donation - suggested ticket price $20)
3. Participate in all of the above and join us for a reflection and overnight experience at our Inn. The sleep-over includes a late night supper and additional exchange of ideas on the topic of homelessness with our speaker and other guests at the Inn. (Tickets are $125 – limited quantity of 35 available)
Tribehouse has also put together a compilation CD featuring many great local artists (some of whom will perform at the concert) who have all donated a song to the project. All money raised from its sale will benefit the Inn from the Cold Kelowna shelter.
$15 Suggested donation
$20 ticket with Compilation CD download. (Limited hard copies available on the evening)
Special “experience the Inn for a night” tickets $125 ticket (this price pays for approximately 5 sleeps at our Inn).
Tickets available online, from the office (1187 Sutherland Avenue) or at the door, if available (advance purchase recommended).
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Fire destroys trailer Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9