Home invasion - grow invasion
Oct 3, 2013 / 1:30 pm
Three men have been arrested after a break and enter at an apparent marihuana growing operation on Oct. 1.
At noon Kelowna RCMP responded to reports of a home invasion in progress at a residence on the 1200 block of Kelglen Crescent. Two men apparently kicked in the door to the home before fleeing in a white Ford F150 moments later.
Police located the suspect vehicle shortly after at Harvey Avenue and Underhill Street, taking the two men into custody without incident.
When police attended the residence to determine if anyone was injured they discovered a marihuana grow operation.
No one was injured in the incident.
The investigation continues.
A 22-year-old Lloydminster man and a 25-year-old Lloydminster man both face potential charges of Break and Enter with Intent.
A 55-year-old Kelowna man faces potential charges of Production of a Controlled Substance.
All three men have been released on Promises to Appear at a later date.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3