Kelowna shares more 'Storm Wars'
Oct 2, 2013 / 11:18 pm
Pictures are still coming in to our office of the damage done by Monday morning’s powerful storm.
Lonnie Nolls who lives in South Mission on Crawford Road shared the included photos of what he woke up to Monday morning. His backyard a mess, gazebo destroyed and a huge tree lying across his yard.
“This was at about 1:30 am, the storm woke my wife and I up because of the thunder and heavy rain.
I remembered we had put some large houseplants outside so my wife went to take a look and she said the gazebo was still there.
Then it looked like the cover blew off and there was a loud crash.
She thought the wind had only ripped the gazebo cover so when we realized it had also broken the railing and that a tree had came down it was quite the shock,” shares Nolls.
Fortunately the Nolls have insurance to cover the repair costs, but getting all the debris and massive tree removed from their property was out of their own pocket as the insurance company sees ‘wind’ as ‘an act of god.’
“We feel very lucky, it could have got the house which would be so much worse,” adds Nolls.
Was any of your property destroyed by the storm? Email us at [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3