Senior blows through red, causes crash
Oct 1, 2013 / 1:19 pm
One person was taken to hospital as a result of a two car crash at the intersection of Richter Street and KLO Road during the lunch hour Tuesday.
According to police, an elderly driver in a white sedan heading east on KLO blew through a red light.
The sedan collided with a black four door vehicle heading north on Richter.
"The person driving this (black) vehicle has been transported to hospital. I'm not sure of the injuries, but I believe they are non-life threatening," says RCMP Cst. Lise Marion.
Fire crews on the scene had to remove the driver's side door in order to get the woman out of the vehicle.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9