Sep 30, 2013 / 6:54 am
6:50 update: FortisBC says it has restored power to about 3000 homes in the Kelowna area; 1500 were back on last night, the others were powered up this morning.
Power has been out in parts of Rutland since early this morning.
Tina says Rutland Road has not had power since 2 a.m.
Bree sent us a news tip to say the power also went out on Ponto Rd. at around the same time.
Last night several readers reported power outages along the 200 block of Dougall Rd. South in Rutland.
It is not yet known how many customers are affected but Fortis has received calls from two homes that say they are without power.
Crews are on location patrolling the line and trying to determine the cause of the outage.
In other areas: BC Hydro is also reporting that 129 homes are without power in near Lumby. Almost 4,000 customers in Vancouver and on Vancouver Island are also without power after the storm.
Power will be restored as soon as possible.
Send news tips and photos to [email protected] If the storm caused any damage or if it brought down trees send us a note.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5