Prelim set for Westside shooting
Sep 27, 2013 / 3:00 pm
It now appears the preliminary hearing for three people involved in a shootout with police on Westside Road last year will be going ahead in November.
Michael Ellis, Shawn Wysynski and Ashley Collins are all charged with various counts of firearms offences and attempted murder associated with the high-speed chase in July 2012.
The date of the preliminary hearing, which has been scheduled for three weeks starting Nov. 25, was expected to be delayed when Ellis announced he was changing counsel. However, his new lawyer John Gustafson says he expects to be ready by that date.
A pretrial conference may be called leading up to the hearing, but that will be sorted out at a later date.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8