Bacon shooter changes counsel
Sep 23, 2013 / 4:00 pm
The three men accused of gunning down a known gangster in Kelowna two years ago made another brief appearance via video at the Kelowna Courthouse on Monday.
Jason McBride, Michael Jones and Jujhar Khun-Khun each face one count of murder and four counts of attempted murder in the death of Jonathon Bacon and the wounding of four others in a brazen daylight shooting incident at the Delta Grand Resort.
The shooting occurred Aug. 14, 2011.
At today’s appearance, it was announced that Jones has elected to change his counsel.
That means the matter has been further delayed for disclosure by the Crown to the new member of the defence team.
The trio will be in court again to appear by video on Nov. 4.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Big White sweater ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7