Man unconscious after vicious assault
Sep 23, 2013 / 10:48 am
Police are seeking witnesses who might be able to help identify suspects after a man was sent to hospital with very serious injuries early Sunday morning
Shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday Kelowna RCMP received a request for assistance for an unconscious male on Ellis Street at Cawston Avenue.
The man had apparently been assaulted by as many as four unknown suspects and had been rendered unconscious as a result.
The 20-year-old West Kelowna man was taken to hospital with injuries described at the time as serious and potentially life threatening.
He has since recovered well and is expected to be released from hospital soon.
Police have limited information to go on except witness reports that there were four men, described as Caucasian and between the ages of 20-25 years old, who were involved in the altercation.
Two of the men were dressed in hooded sweatshirts.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300. Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online or by texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9