93-year-old woman struck down
Sep 20, 2013 / 1:15 pm
An elderly Kelowna woman was taken to hospital late Friday morning after she was hit by a vehicle while walking home along Brookside Avenue near Gordon Drive.
The 93-year-old woman was walking with the aid of a stroller along Brookside shortly before noon when a resident in the neighbourhood hit the lady while backing out of her driveway.
The driver told paramedics at the scene she didn't see the woman.
Construction workers across the street saw the collision and said the elderly woman wasn't hit hard, but the impact was sufficient to knock her down face first.
The woman had a bloody face from cuts around her nose and forehead.
There are no sidewalks on the road which has been narrowed slightly due to construction of a new condominium complex across from the scene of the accident.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7