Hwy. 33 reopens after gas leak
Sep 20, 2013 / 11:49 am
11:48 a.m. update: FortisBC has stopped the gas from escaping the ruptured line at Hwy. 33 and Davie. The highway is now being reopened.
10:27 a.m.: Construction crews have struck and ruptured a gas main at Hwy. 33 and Davie Rd.
Emergency crews are on the scene, they are blocking traffic on Hwy. 33.
Approximately 50 seniors in the May Bennett Wellness Centre have been moved to the Sikh Temple on Davie Rd.; our reporter on the scene says everyone is doing fine.
People have also been evacuated from two townhome complexes and several homes.
FortisBC is on location, they say it might be two hours before they can issue an all-clear.
Send photos to [email protected]
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3
- More delays for Grossmith case Dec 3
- Civic award nominations now open Dec 2