Chip spill causes traffic delays
Sep 17, 2013 / 12:30 pm
12:30 p.m. DriveBC update: Highway 33 Both directions
Vehicle Incident 86 km north of Rock Creek. Expect 30 minute delays while crews work on moving debris from a flipped chip truck.
A semi truck pulling two trailers of wood chips tipped over this morning, causing delays on Highway 33 south of the Big White turnoff.
The incident happened five kilometres south of the McCulloch Road turnoff, and traffic is down to single lane alternating at this point until the mess can be cleaned up.
Members of the Joe Rich Fire Department believe that speed was a factor in the crash and the driver has been taken to hospital with non-life threatening injures.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5