Storm causes outages in the Okanagan
Sep 16, 2013 / 8:18 am
Last night’s electrical storm did more than keep some people up at night, it also kept some people in the dark.
Power outages affected 3,100 FortisBC customers in the Kelowna area. The lights went out around midnight, but power was back on within a few seconds.
There are still isolated pockets of the city without power, most notably on Gordon Drive and Lawrence Avenue, which is affecting residents and businesses.
Around 25 homes in Lake Country and Spalluncheen are also without power after the electricity went off just after 7 a.m. this morning. BC Hydro expects to have the situation rectified by 10 a.m.
Another 54 customers were without power in Coldstream, after trees were toppled onto wires around 1:30 a.m. this morning.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9
- Garage fire quickly knocked down Dec 9
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9