Shooting at Sandringham
Sep 13, 2013 / 1:00 pm
Shots rang out inside the Sandringham gated community Wednesday evening, and a 47-year-old man had to be taken to hospital with a gunshot wound.
The shooting began around 5:45 p.m. in the 1900 block Burtch Road, when officers received the report of a man shot in the leg.
He was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Witnesses say almost a dozen police cars converged on the scene and others cruised the area until late yesterday afternoon.
Kelowna RCMP say there is no threat to members of the general public and no charges have been laid.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300. Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net or by texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3