PM touches down in Kelowna
Sep 13, 2013 / 10:41 am
Sources tell Castanet News Prime Minister Stephen Harper has touched down in the Okanagan.
His plane landed shortly after 10 a.m. this (Friday) morning.
The Prime Minister is in the Okanagan for meetings with the BC Conservative Caucus Friday at the Cove Resort in West Kelowna.
He is also scheduled to meet with BC Premier, Christy Clark, who coincidentally held meetings with her caucus earlier this week at the Cove.
Later this evening, Harper will be the guest of honour at a barbeque at Quail's Gate Winery in West Kelowna.
The meeting is being hosted by Okanagan-Coquihalla MP, Dan Albas.
Albas says when parliament is sitting, the BC Caucus meets weekly to discuss regional issues.
When parliament is not sitting, Albas says the BC MP's meet on a regular basis in Vancouver.
"Our chair, Mark Strahl along with the rest of caucus thought it would be good to circulate around the province," says Albas.
"I'm very proud that BC Caucus is coming to the Kelowna-West Kelowna area because I want to show them some of the great things we have here. Hopefully they will walk away, not only with a little bit of Okanagan hospitality, but a better understanding of our issues and the opportunities we have here."
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9