Police standoff on Clifton Road
Sep 12, 2013 / 2:00 pm
Update 4:35 p.m. -- Clifton Road has now been re-opened to traffic and the area is safe.
Clifton Road has been blocked off for what Kelowna RCMP are calling a suicidal standoff.
According to Cst. Kris Clark, a man has barricaded himself inside his home and may possibly be armed.
Police are treating it as a high-risk situation.
A family member notified police from the home, but the man is now believed to be alone inside.
The Emergency Response Team has also been dispatched to the scene, and negotiators are attempting to make contact with the man.
The area has been contained with no one being allowed up Clifton Road past Boppart Court and several homes have been evacuated.
We will have more details when they become available.
-- With files from Jennifer Zielinski
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Buy a cookie give a pet a second chance Dec 13
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12