Missing teen has been located
Sep 12, 2013 / 8:38 am
UPDATE: SEPT 11, 8:30 a.m.
The West Kelowna RCMP is pleased to confirm that the 18-year-old man reported missing has been located, and he is safe and sound.
UPDATE: SEPT 11, 12:00 - Kelowna RCMP say Jonah Bohn has been in contact with family members via social media, however, until police are able to locate him, Bohn still remains officially missing.
An 18-year-old Kelowna teen is missing after a verbal altercation turned physical Friday evening.
Police say shortly before 9 p.m. Sept. 6, Jonah Bohn left his family home in the 1700 block of Smithson Drive on rollerblades.
Bohn was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia and requires regular medication to prevent a highly agitated and unstable state.
Cst. Kris Clark says Bohn left the home after refusing to take his medication.
"Bohn is in need of immediate medical attention, but should not be approached," says Clark.
"He could be a danger to himself and others."
Clark says Bohn has been know to frequent the downtown area.
Bohn is described as:
- 5'10, 180 lbs with a stocky build
- Short brown hair
- Brown eyes
- Last seen wearing a brown hoodie with a white design, light blue jeans and rollerblades/grey shoes
Anyone with information on Bohn's whereabouts are asked to contact Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5