Driver flees after crash at 8-mile curve
Sep 8, 2013 / 3:07 pm
The driver of a pickup that was headed out of town Sunday afternoon lost control while negotiating 8-mile curve, crossed the centre line then hit and slid atop the concrete barriers almost 10 m before coming to rest.
The man fled the scene but was apprehended by RCMP a short distance away.
Alcohol is believed to have been a factor and the man is now in police custody.
His injures are reported to be minor.
Earlier this summer, a large truck hauling a paving machine flipped onto its side coming out of the same curve and the provincial Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure announced on August 30 that it will spend $195,000 to upgrade signage around the area.
The road has been the scene of numerous other accidents over the years.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4
- Sudden death in Rutland Dec 4
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3