Locals protest war in Syria
Sep 7, 2013 / 3:53 pm
An assemblage of around 30 people calling themselves The Kelowna Peace Group gathered on the four corners of Harvey and Gordon Saturday afternoon to demonstrate against military intervention in Syria.
"I'm here because I'm not in favour of war in Syria," said Margo Jensen, an American who now lives in Kelowna.
"Countless lives are lost, all in the name of money, and it's not right."
The group held signs and waved at passing motorists, many of whom honked and waved back in an apparent show of support.
"It's been great to see the support," said Mark Haley. "This is an important opportunity where it's not too late to stop what's happening."
Anyone interested in joining the Peace Group or in learning more about their cause are asked to call Mark at (250) 860-6108 or Dora at (250) 767-6231.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12